Activities Director Update
Can you believe it is June 2nd, 2023? So hard to believe!
I am sure by now, most of you have received your Gazette. Most of what I am going to mention will be found on the back page of the activities calendar, on what I call the activities page. However, I do have some important details for many of the activities.
Social and Travel Events:
- Veranda, 4pm
- Tomorrow, Saturday Morning Social, 9am
- Luau, 6pm (sold out) Special note about this event, check in will be in the front room of the Center. Please enter through the front double doors. There is also a seating chart for this event. BYOB. This event is over at 10pm. There are a few people on the waiting list and often there are cancellations on the day of the event so make sure your name is on the waiting list for an opportunity to pick up a ticket. The social committee has been working hard on this event and everything already looks so festive on the Veranda. I am sure this will be a great evening!
- Fred National Game: All tickets have been sold and are ready for pick up. We have called all residents to pick up tickets but there are still envelopes here, so please pick them up. The game is June 9th.
- The trip to the Eastern Market is next Saturday, June 10th. The bus departs at 9am. This trip has been closed but again, it is always a good idea to get on the wait list if you can go short notice.
Join us for a going away for Brian, Tuesday June 6th, 11:30-1:30pm, drop by as you can and help us wish him well. Light refreshments will be served.
New Travel Opportunities that opened June 1st:
- A Day in Pennsylvania Dutch Country and High Tea, Monday, September 11th, $120. See flyer at the Center for more information.
- Save the date for the Wheeling West Virginia Festival of Lights information session, July 20th, 4pm.
New Social Opportunities that open June 15th:
- Shrimpfest and Games, Saturday July 8th, 5pm, $12 per person
- Family Ice Cream Social, July 15th, $5 per family up to 5 people, each additional person $2
- Lounge Night featuring 3 Exits to Memphis band, July 29th, (TBD, I think this will be around$10 per person.)
(These events are free but with limited attendance so please register with the concierge. Signups started today).
- Mini Downsizing and Garage Sale Prep, FREE Friday, June 23, 1pm
- Reimagine your space/Tips from a local home staging expert, FREE Friday July 7, 1pm
We will have a farmers’ market in the parking lot every Thursday from 8:30-9:00am till 1:30-2:00pm through the summer. I have also contacted someone about offering free range eggs and another about cut flowers and baked items. I hope this will be a fun and beneficial market. I am looking for other products as well. If you have a contact for the following, please let me know.
NEW TIME/Not New Class
Zumba Gold has quite a following, and the time has changed to make it more convenient for participants to attend: Tuesdays, 10 am. There is a small fee for this class. First class free, come give it a try! You will meet some fun people too.
Random thought: Please look at all the Gazette inserts and in the Gazette as we have several new advertisers. I hope you will use them should you have a need. We have a new estate lawyer, handy/lawn person, 2 downsizing companies and Dr. Wards Advanced Chiropractic is offering massage. Frankly, I could use all these companies and just might do that and let you know how it works out!
Coming Soon (still in planning stages)
- MooThru Truck, 1pm-5pm, June 16th, Center Parking lot
- Cousins Maine Lobster Truck, noon-3pm, June 27th, Center Parking lot
- Community conversation on estate and legal planning (August)
- Caregivers Symposium/ Caring for the caregiver (August) a 3 hour opportunity to reignite and refresh, engage with other caregivers and learn about some local resources.
- Blood Drive (August)
- Riverside tickets for 42nd Street go on sale July 1.
Don’t forget the Lions Club Shed Event tomorrow at the library. 10am-1pm
If you have any questions about these events, please check out our website, www.fallsrun.org and/or visit the center to see all event and travel flyers.
I hope you all have a beautiful weekend. Ann
PS: Please send me any ideas you have; I really enjoy hearing from you!